You’ve probably heard about probiotics, whether from food commercials or from your doctor. They’re usually linked to digestive health, and just like with humans, probiotics may also be beneficial to both cats and dogs. You might not think of managing health problems with strains of healthy bacteria, but it’s actually quite natural once you understand the science behind it.
1. WHAT ARE PROBIOTICS?
Probiotics are live microorganisms similar to those found naturally in the intestines, which help maintain balance in the digestive tract. After being consumed, they help to inhibit harmful pathogens from colonizing the GI tract or digestive system.
2. WHEN MIGHT A PET NEED PROBIOTICS?
If you’ve noticed your pet has had gastrointestinal incidents, like vomiting, diarrhea or excessive gas, your pet might benefit from a probiotic supplement.
These GI conditions are often associated with an imbalance in intestinal microflora (bacteria), which can be triggered by stress (related to boarding or changes in the home environment), dietary problems or food change. Since antibiotics work by killing bacteria, antibiotic therapy can also leave a pet in need of a probiotic boost.
Skin and ear problems may also improve with the use of probiotics
3. DO PROBIOTICS TASTE GOOD FOR PETS?
It depends how you feed the probiotic to the pet. Some supplements are oral pastes, some are powders, some are pills or capsules. PawBiotics™ is a powder made with natural liver flavor, and we have yet to meet a pet who didn't love it.
4. WHAT ARE PREBIOTICS?
Prebiotics are indigestible fibers such as ground soy, rice hulls, chicory root, etc. that act as fuel or food for the probiotics or good bacteria. The probiotics “feed off” the prebiotics.
5. WHAT ARE ENZYMES?
Enzymes are proteins that cause biochemical reactions, speeding up vital biological processes such as nutrient absorption from food.
6. PawBiotics™ MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOUR PET
If you think probiotics might be right for your pet, you should ask your veterinarian about PawBiotics™, they are safe and effective for cats and dogs. Here’s why:
- PawBiotics™ Pet Probiotics are made with a proprietary process that stabilizes the microorganisms protection against moisture. This helps make sure that when the probiotics get where they need to be in your pet’s GI tract, they’ll still be alive and effective at doing what they need to do.
- PawBiotics™ contains prebiotics to help fuel the growth of the probiotics.
- PawBiotics™ contains enzymes to help break down their food more efficiently
- PawBiotics™ contains natural liver flavoring which dogs and cats love.
We hope you now have a better understanding how our proprietary formula of probiotics, prebiotics, enzymes and vitamins may improve the health of your pet.