Stop Dog Diarrhea Without Costly Trips To The Vet
What causes diarrhea in dogs?
There are many potential causes of diarrhea in dogs including but not limited to:
- Food allergies
- Environmental toxins
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Ingestion of spoiled or rotten foods
- Bacterial and viral infections
- Poor genetics
- Lack of digestive enzymes
- Low levels of beneficial bacteria or flora in the digestive system
- Yeast infections
Pay attention to these types of factors to help pinpoint the cause of the diarrhea. In many cases it may be difficult to identify the cause of the problem with certainty, but there are some simple things that can be done that have a very high probability of improving or eliminating the dogs diarrhea.
5 Things you can do to help improve or eliminate your dogs diarrhea:
- Make sure their food is high quality, no carb, preferably organic, non GMO with no hydrolyzed vegetable proteins. A natural raw meat diet is the dogs natural diet. Note- make any changes in diet slowly to allow their system to become used to the new food.
- Make sure they are not exposed to pesticides chemicals, even flea treatments. They can even have adverse reactions to plants such as mushrooms
- Give them plentty of water to prevent dehydration
- Add a quality probiotic supplement with the right strains of soil and yeast based organisms to strengthen their immune system and kill off the bad bacteria. Make sure it has prebiotics to fuel the growth of the good bacteria. If your pet has to be on antibiotics, give them the probiotics several hours before or after the antibiotics
- Add the right type of digestive enzymes to improve absorption of nutrients from food so they aren't elimminated in the stool